Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bokeh


By now I'm a great admirer of Bokey and get mesmerized watching beautiful art of Bokey by such a lot of talented photographers found in Flickr. Being a beginner in photography, I watch these wonderful work like a child watching the art performed by a Magician!!!! I always wonder how they would have achieved it... is there any technique being this.... I would like to attempt for this but how? I have done it once and felt satisfied, but after watching some other work, I realised my work was nowhere near it.
I kept a decorative golden-peacock on one of the sleek speaker of my home-theater music system and placed it near to my window. Next, I fixed my Camera on my tripod and adjusted the viewing angle to the desired way. The street-lights were my main source of bokey. Then I started adjusting my camera settings to generate a desirable Bohek and here is the result.....

Clicking here will take you to my Flicker PhotoStream...

Exposure: 0.125 sec (1/8)
Aperture: f/4
Focal Length: 27 mm
ISO Speed: 800
Exposure Bias: 1 EV
Flash: Flash did not fire
YCbCr Positioning: Co-Sited
Exposure Program: Shutter priority
Shutter Speed: 196608/65536
Focus Mode: One-shot AF
Canon Image Size: Large
Metering Mode: Evaluative
Focus Range: Manual
AE Setting: Normal AE
Image Stabilization: Off
Display Aperture: 24.8
Zoom Source Width: 65535
Zoom Target Width: 65535
Photo Effect: Off
Color Tone: 0
Scaled Focal Length: 13620
Measured LV: 0
Target Aperture: 1
Target Exposure Time: 2.6879700256073E-264
Exposure Compensation: 779.71875


Today I've come across a Bokeh by Victor Oliveira and he has reveled his technique which was amazing. It is a wonderful picutre to view.

Sue Zipkin is another artist I have come across and observed having an exceptionally wonderful work on Bokeh, it is worth visting her PhotoStream in Flickr.

No comments: